|Siblings||Isaac, Zimran, Jokshan, Medan, Midian, Ishbak, Shuah|
|Spouse||A wife from Egypt|
|Children||Nebaioth, Kedar, Adbeel, Mibsam, Mishma, Dumah, Massa, Hadad, Tema, Jetur, Naphish, Kedemah, Mahalath|
Ishmael ♂ (God hears ), is the first-born son of Abram.
- Hagai's descendants will be too numerous to count
- Ishmael would be a donkey of a man (meaning he does not look good?)
- Ishmael's hand would be against everyone and everyone's hand against him
- Ishmael would live in histolity towards all his brothers
When Ishmael was 13 years old, he was circumcised.
Ishmael and his mother Hagar were sent away, when Isaac had weaned. In the desert, Hagar set him under a bush to let him die. But then God saved them and provided them with water. He also promised Hagar again, that Ishmael would become a great nation.
Ishmael lived in the desert and became an archer. God was with him when he grew up. His mother got him a wife from Egypt.
His descendants settled in the area from Havilah to Shur, near the border of Egypt, as you go towards Asshur. They lived in hostility towards all their brothers.
- Genesis 37:25
- Genesis 16:11-15 (NIV, Elberfelder)
- Genesis 17:18-20:23,25 (NIV, Elberfelder)
- Genesis 21:9-20 (NIV, Elberfelder)
- Genesis 25:9,12-18 (NIV, Elberfelder)
- Genesis 28:9 (NIV, Elberfelder)
- Genesis 36:3 (NIV, Elberfelder)