|Birth||When Jacob was old|
|Siblings||Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, Dinah, Joseph|
|Children||Bela, Beker, Ashbel, Gera, Naaman, Ehi, Rosh, Muppim, Huppim, Ard, Ahiram, Shupham, Hupham|
Benjamin ♂ (son of my right hand ) also known as Ben-Oni (son of my trouble )
Jacob loved Benjamin a lot, especially after Joseph had disappeared.
When Joseph sent his brothers home (at that point they hadn't recognized him yet), he ordered the silver they paid and his cup to be put back into the sacks. The cup was put into Benjamin's sack. A bit later, Joseph sent his steward to search for the cup. When it was found at Benjamin, they threatened to enslave him. But all the brothers came back to Joseph and Judah pleaded with Joseph for Benjamin.
Finally, Joseph revealed himself to his brothers and told them to come to him to Egypt.
Before Jacob died, he prophesied over his sons. Benjamin was said to be a wolf, always hunting and dividing the plunder.
- Genesis 35:18,24 (NIV, Elberfelder)
- Genesis 42:4,36 (NIV, Elberfelder)
- Genesis 43 (NIV, Elberfelder)
- Genesis 44:2,12,20-34 (NIV, Elberfelder)
- Genesis 45:12-15,22 (NIV, Elberfelder)
- Genesis 46:19-21 (NIV, Elberfelder)
- Genesis 49:27 (NIV, Elberfelder)
- Exodus 1:3 (NIV, Elberfelder)
- Numbers 26:38-41 (NIV, Elberfelder)
- See also: Tribe of Benjamin